Today was a no good rotten day, as was yesterday for the most part.
- Spent half the day at the hospital: at Emmett’s peds appointment, waiting at the pharmacy, waiting at the Tricare office, waiting at radiology.
- Missed the time window for going to the gym.
- Dropped Emmett off at Tracy’s for a few hours, took the other boys to the commissary and then home for a few hours.
- Then we went back to the base, picked Emmett up and did dinner and a movie with the boys and friends (the last 2 activities being the good part of the day, of course).
Oh, OH, OH!! AND ONE OTHER GOOD THING: Our friends Sarah and Pete had their baby boy! Welcome to the world Baby Bennett!
- The boys and I were pretty much confined to the house waiting on Mike’s new laptop battery to be delivered. So that is pretty stupid to begin with.
- Then Emmett’s PT and ST came to do his new IFSP, which is always a fabulous time: they ask questions like “what’s one goal you have concerning Emmett’s development over the next year?”, “what’s one thing that Emmett could start doing over the next year that would indicate to you that he is forming attachments to you and Mike?” And them saying things like “Emmett had reached a developmental plateau for a long time, and this summer he’s made some progress, but there’s no reason to expect that progress to continue”, and “Of course, we can’t tell you whether he’ll ever walk or not – he its possible that he could surprise us and learn that skill someday”. Not fun.
- Then I spent the rest of the day worrying myself sick. To the point where I was crying by the time that Mike came home – and then spent the next hour (at least) crying to him about what I was worrying about. And I don’t want to get into what I was worrying about – I’ll let you know if it turns out to be anything, but could you please pray for our family – for our health? We’ve actually got a couple of health issues going on that are on my mind.
- But anyway, the point is that I spent my day worrying. Ugh – I HATE THAT. What a frapping waste of time. Not to mention a sucker of joy. I didn’t enjoy my kids today because I was too busy worrying about not having enough time to enjoy them. Majorly stupid, right?
Please Lord, let me trust in you. Please keep us all healthy and safe, Lord. But if we can’t be healthy and safe, please let me trust in You still. Please hold us in the palm of Your hand and envelop us in Your love.