no word on Emmett’s appeal. Hopefully Monday? rarrrrr….also, please keep praying!
As for Noah: he had his neurology appointment earlier this week. The doctor thinks he’s probably fine, and doesn’t want to do any more testing. She thinks the movements are myoclonic jerks (which is always what I’ve thought, as well as our pediatrician) and not seizures. Myoclonic jerks can be normal, and they can be the beginning of something sinister. So basically we’re to wait and see if he gets worse. The doc was really nice, but she was a registrar, which is the equivalent of a resident in the states, and I would have been more reassured if the reassurances had been coming from the actual neurological consultant. But she does have to run her cases by him, and I assume if he thought further testing was warranted, we’d hear. Our pediatrician had thought they would have at least wanted to do an EEG and an EMG, but no.
As for Moses, he’s still looking good. I’m now measuring at 36 weeks (when I’m really 31 weeks), but they think he’s just big. As the OB put it: some people have 7 pound babies at 40 weeks, and some people have 10 pound babies at 40 weeks – which category did I think I was in? (have I already written this?) They have no intention of changing my due date. I’m starting to swell pretty much a lot, but my blood pressures are still “beautiful”. I start weekly NSTs/AFIs next week, and will be getting growth scans every 4 weeks (so the week after next)
Finally, my mom got here on Wednesday…that’s right, the Berd is back!