ooooh, I just love talking about baby names – so much fun (although I am certain y’all will tire of it before I will). Just to add a few things from the last post:
- Coburn would be cool as a first name – its my paternal grandmother’s maiden name. But I have a cousin who has already used it for her boy.
- We will not be naming the baby Cannonbolt, or Four Arms or Upchuck or Ben or Tennyson or any other names that relate to Ben Ten
- The same goes with Star Wars
- Oh, and also Peter Pan
- I have to say that more and more, Campbell is falling out of favor, leaving my top contenders Winston and Jasper. And I really like Jasper better, honestly. If you’re going to made fun of for your name, Jasper the Friendly Ghost is better than a lot of other stuff (this I know firsthand), and I think if we called a Winston Win, it could easily turn into Winnie the Pooh or Whine. The Twilight thing is the only thing holding me back.
- No, Stephen will not be making an appearance as a middle name either…sorry Mike
- I had forgotten about Foster though – that was a possibility for Emmett too
- We will not be naming the baby Barnabus, although Mike has suggested it. Barnabus was what we were going to name Sawyer. Its a great Biblical name, and we would have called him Barns, but I am so glad that we didn’t do it. Y’all have all seen pictures of Sawyer – am I wrong to think that everyone would have called him Barney? He just looks like a Barney. And I’m willing to bet the same would hold true for any other baby with our genes.
- I love Beth’s and Nora’s other suggestions – Dash is super cute, and Read is awesome, but I don’t want to do one syllable
- Please keep the suggestions coming!
See? I could talk about this FOREVER. Which is probably why this isn’t Mike’s favorite topic of conversation.