We received a call today from Emmett’s gastrointestinal surgeon – they have a cancellation tomorrow and can fit Emmett in to do the gastrostomy tube and fundoplication. This would be absolutely awesome – our regular surgery date isn’t until March 26th, which is a long time to wait when your son is vomiting upwards of 30 times daily. I am so not kidding.
The only downsides are these: Emmett has a cold right now, so I’m not sure if they’ll do it…he isn’t running a fever, but does have a runny nose. Also, Mike is leaving for a couple of weeks next week, and its a trip that he really, really REALLY wants to go on. If they do the surgery tomorrow, and everything goes well, we should be out of the hospital in a matter of days, but of course, things can always get more complicated.
So y’all know the drill by now: please pray for Emmett. Please pray that the docs can perform the surgery, that it all goes smoothly, and that he doesn’t have any problems during the recovery.
We are hoping that this will be the last surgery he has while we live in the UK – it would be so nice to get it done, and hopefully get him to where he’s not vomiting ALL THE TIME anymore.