***Edited to add: Delayed 24 hours due to hospital scheduling issues.
***Edited to add: Reading this, I’m not sure its super clear that the surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. So we’re asking for prayer not only that they’ll actually do the surgery, but that it will go well, and that our hospital stay will be short, because London isn’t exactly next door to us. Just like with his intestinal surgery, we urge you to link to us, put us on your prayer chains.
Well, E looks healthy enough to have a go at this surgery. We are going down to London tonight and need to be at Great Ormond Street Hospital at 7:30 in the morning. We should find out then if they are going to do it. I’m hoping that if we get bumped for scheduling reasons that the delay won’t be too long.
I’ve heard lots of encouraging stuff from people with experience with heart surgery and they all say that it makes a dramatic impact on the baby. We are really hoping that when he comes through this he will eat, grow, and develop on a normal timeline. It doesn’t seem like too much to ask when you look at it, but from our perspective it would be a whole different life than what we’ve been going through.
Thanks to everybody for your prayers as well as your notes of encouragement. We’ll try to post something as soon as we know anything tomorrow.