Today we picked up Emmett’s passport. So here’s how things should look from here:
- I’ll fly with Emmett to Hanoi tomorrow, while Hunky heads back to England
- On Monday we have his visa medical exam at the SOS clinic in Hanoi
- We’ll submit our paperwork for the US visa on Monday
- Hopefully we’ll be able to have our visa interview on Wednesday, August 27th (you have to give them 2 business days after submitting the required paperwork, and I haven’t heard back whether our appointment is actually ok for the 27th)
- If the interview is on Wenesday, the visa should be ready by Thursday.
- Once I receive the visa, I’ll start trying to change my plane tickets from Hanoi to LA, which right now are for Sept 2nd
- If we get to LA early, I don’t think I’ll be able to get his US passport before Tuesday, due to Labor Day. But hopefully that means I could fly out of LAX to London on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, arriving in London Wednesday or Thursday
Of course, all this rides on everything working out just right, so I’m just really praying that things will work out ok. I really, really, REALLY don’t want to stay any longer than is absolutely necessary. I want to get Emmett to 1st world medical care ASAP, and I really really super miss the boys.
***hours later: ok, we took Emmett to the SOS clinic, because he is getting a cold and I worry (surprise, surprise) that it could turn into pneumonia pretty quick with his health status. While there, he had an echocardiogram done, because the doctors were concerned that his heart wasn’t strong enough to fly (with the pressure changes and such). OMGosh, they were throwing around words like medevac and airlift and recessitation and emergency surgery in BANGKOK! But then the cardiologist did the echo and her and her supervisor feel that he should be okay to fly. I’m telling y’all, the good times just don’t quit around here.
So I feel a little better. For now his lungs are clear. I’ve decided to try to just focus on getting back home – all of the other issues can wait until then.
Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be writing from Hanoi 🙂
Here’s a taste of the adorableness: