I think most of this I’ve shared before, but here’s what we know about this boy:
- He is super cute – this much is obvious from the 2 pictures that we have. If I could figure out how to do that thing where you just show a portion of the picture, I’d do it – full photos will have to wait until he’s officially a part of our family.
- He was born in March.
- He is from the Vung Tau province.
- He has a couple of heart problems, at least one of which will require surgery.
- We can’t rule out the possibility of further medical problems – after a lot of thought and prayer, we have decided that if God wants Emmett to be a part of our family, he’ll give us the tools that we will need to be good parents to him, even if his needs are greater than what we’ve planned for.
- Did I mention the adorableness?
- We now know the circumstances of how he came to be in the orphanage, although that’s also something that we’ll keep private.
Here’s what we don’t know:
- How long it will take our I-600 to be approved (I-600: Take Two should arrive at USCIS by Monday)
- If USCIS will let Hunky travel to meet Emmett before he has to deploy in late August (we are totally not expecting approval by then), so that Emmett can come to America on an IR-3 Visa, making it easier for him to then come to England.
- How long after approval it will take to schedule the Giving and Receiving Ceremony after approval – this is not a province that our agency has ever worked with before, so they have no idea how fast the province works. The DIA has apparently written to USCIS on Emmett’s behalf, to urge fast approval due to his medical condition, so maybe they can do the same with the province.
- If we will be asked to do DNA testing, which will pretty much be impossible in his case.
- If we could actually bring him to England first to evaluate his health before flying all the way to America to get citizenship stuff taken care of.
Hmmm, it seems like there’s so much else we don’t know, but that’s all that comes to mind right now. We are just really trying to leave the approval and travel details up to God (which is SOOO hard for me, surprise, surprise), because we have really done all we can here. For a while I was really upset about the fact that Hunky will most likely not be able to travel with me to go to Vietnam, and that things will probably be super complicated due to that and because we don’t live in America…but now, I just don’t care. We just want to bring him home safely. The smoother the better, but I can do this the hard way, too.
Thanks so much for the concern about O…you know, it just goes to show you – I am such a worrier: every bruise, every cough, every warm forehead sends me into High Alert Mode, but losing my child in a store is something I’ve never, ever even considered worrying about. Maybe I need to start worrying about more stuff. OR I could just do as the Bible says and NOT WORRY. Decisions, decisions…