Hey y’all…sorry I haven’t posted in a while, I just, well, haven’t had anything really positive to say. I’m just in a slump, I think. Here’s what’s been going on here:
- Y has been under the weather for almost a week, and so I’ve been worried (read CRAZY WORRIED AS USUAL about him)
- and now O is sounding congested and hoarse (again with the worried, not at the crazy point yet, but give it time)
- and the weather’s crappy (read rainy and cold with bursts of daily hail)
- and the bible study we are a part of is ending because the teachers/hosts have something better to do on Sunday evenings
- and the bible studies at the church we go to all start at 7:30 in the evening, with no childcare
- and the adoption is going less than nowhere (oohhh, a whole post by itself)
- and its hard to make new friends when I’m in such a fraptastic mood all of the time
- aaannnddd, that’s about it. How pathetic am I?
I should have known this was coming, this…grumpiness. We had a great time in America, enjoyed wonderful weather pretty much the whole time, did lots of shopping, eating at good restaurants, spent time with friends and family, as well as Hunky. Now, here we are, back in the land which I try really hard not to hate, and even harder not to complain about. Where the food is bad, the weather is worse, and the exchange rate is terrible.
Ughhh. I don’t even know how to put it – I feel so guilty for not liking it here, because it is an amazing opportunity and so many people want to come here, and lots of people I know really enjoy it here, and because I really feel like I should bloom where I’m planted. And because nothing matters as much as our little family sticking together. The bottom line is that Hunky could be stationed at the North Pole, and we’d follow him because being with him is a million times better than being without him. And it goes without saying that where we live means nothing compared to the health of our children, and I told God last year that I would try really really hard to not dwell on not liking it here, and dwell instead on more important things, like loving others and the like.
The bottom line is that this place isn’t bad at all…it’s just not me. I wear flip-flops, t-shirts and jeans. I love the sun, and the summer. I love to be outside, as long as its warm. I love, love, love the beach, and boat drinks. One of my favorite singers is Jimmy Buffett. I just feel out of my element here, but don’t want to live my life complaining to people here about how much I want to move back to Florida, because who wants to hear that, especially if you are one of the people who wanted to come here, and actually love it? So instead I just kind of go into a funk, and that’s where I am right now.
A big ball of funkified stress.
Any suggestions for how to get out of it?
We did try to go somewhere this weekend – we went to the Science Museum in London, which was really cool, and which we all would have enjoyed more if Y hadn’t thrown up twice (on me) while we were there.
I think maybe the best I can do is to hold on till the end of May, when Hunky will be back from a 2-3 week TDY he’ll be leaving on in a couple of weeks, my mom will get here, the weather will be better (umm, hopefully?), and we will be able to travel a little around Europe. In the meantime, I’ll be trying to not complain, or to worry, and to try try try to not be SO FRAPPIN GRUMPY.